CAMRA LocAle – promoting pubs that sell locally-brewed real ale, reducing the number of ‘beer miles’, and supporting local breweries. Click for a list of Locale Pubs in North Devon, or read on….
(Note click on an item to see more details)
For a fuller search of pubs, why not visit
(Note Click on a pub's name to link to their Website - if available - or hover to see Post Code)
What is CAMRA LocAle?CAMRA LocAle is an initiative that promotes pubs stocking locally brewed real ale. The scheme builds on a growing consumer demand for quality local produce and an increased awareness of ‘green’ issues. The CAMRA LocAle scheme was created in 2007 by CAMRA’s Nottingham branch which wanted to help support the tradition of brewing within Nottinghamshire, following the demise of local brewer Hardys and Hansons. There are currently 125 CAMRA branches participating in the LocAle scheme which have accredited hundreds of pubs as LocAle pubs which regularly sell at least one locally-brewed real ale. Everyone benefits from local pubs stocking locally-brewed real ale
- Public houses as stocking local real ales can increase pub visits
- Consumers who enjoy greater beer choice and diversity
- Local brewers who gain from increased sales
- The local economy because more money is spent and retained locally
- The environment due to fewer beer miles’ resulting in less road congestion and pollution
- Tourism due to an increased sense of local identity and pride – let’s celebrate what makes our locality different
- That they will endeavour to ensure at least one locally brewed real ale, as defined by the local branch, is on sale at all times
- Only real ale, as defined by CAMRA, can be promoted as a CAMRA LocAle
- Where the standard of real ale sold falls below an acceptable quality, accreditation will be withdrawn
- That accreditation can be withdrawn at any time at the discretion of the local branch
- That should accreditation be withdrawn, or should the licensee withdraw from the scheme, all LocAle publicity material must be removed from the pub and the licensee cease using the CAMRA LocAle logo.