Hello, I hope you had an enjoyable Easter. I must confess to eating far too much chocolate! Morris and I are off to the CamRA National AGM and Members Weekend in Nottingham in a few days time. We are looking forward to meeting up with lots of friends. It was great to see so many at the Branch AGM – friends old and new – the minutes of the AGM will be available for members to view on the Branch website in due course and in future all Branch meeting minutes will be available there. Following our AGM it was agreed that our new *Branch Campaigning Goals* would be:
- To enable members to nominate pubs for Good Beer Guide entry by encouraging members to support pubs, especially those not already in the Good Beer Guide.
- To enhance and facilitate the use of Whatpub? a) as a valuable resource for landlords b) for members to update information via Pubs Officers c) for members to use the National Beer Scoring System (which informs GBG and POTY choices)
- To raise awareness of public transport issues within the Branch
- The Branch PUB OF THE YEAR presentation on Saturday 25th April, 12.30 at The Red Lion in Exbourne. I do hope that you will support the event and it would be lovely to see you there.
- The presentation to our Branch CLUB OF THE YEAR at The Conservative Club Bideford on Wednesday 20th May at 7.30. Again it would be lovely to have members there to demonstrate our appreciation.
- I want to draw your attention to the North Devon Beer Festival. Although this is not a Branch organised beer festival as such, it is provided by a member and brewer within our branch and Tim from Barum Brewery has again invited us to work on the bar doing what we all love best – pulling pints talking about real ale! The dates for this event are 24th & 25th May, noon to 10pm on Sunday and noon to 8pm on Monday. If you would like to do a couple of hours on the bar please let me know straight away [as places will be limited and we always have a waiting list!] Everyone is welcome and the more experienced members will assist those new to CamRA bar work. Tim has also very generously offered to make a donation to Branch funds, so come on…volunteer!