Following our recent Regional Meeting there were several issues that need a response from Branch members – yes that's you! Not everyone can attend branch meetings so I thought I would pop them up on the website (having just learnt how to!). If you want to respond please email me.
- Our Regional Director would love to have a Regional Website. Would anyone like to set it up and maintain it?
- What would you include in a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) analysis regarding CAMRA?
- Issues that affect rural pubs are not being highlighted at a national level.
- CamRA has succeeded in that we can get decent beer in lots of pubs. But there is a threat from breweries and pubcos seeking financial reward with no regard for production/distribution ethics especially in rural areas.
- HQ would like to do a feature regarding ‘a local brewery tap’. They would like a write-up for Beer. Any nominations?
- We would like to do another SW regional campaigning day/event (like Dawlish event). Ideas required by end of July.
- Changes in the Drink driving law – what are the implications for our pubs?
- Should we have branch rules about pubs winning Pub Of The Year in consecutive years?
- How do you feel about Affiliate CamRA membership e.g. university groups?
I know this seems like a lot of questions but any responses would be welcome.